Thursday, November 09, 2006

The Search Continues...

And All I've Found Is Alcohol and Lebanese CuisineMy search for an apartment goes on...

Today I saw a nice, small, cheap apartment in an incredible location. When I say small, it was tiny but I was prepared for that for this reasonable price. When I asked about the cooking facilities I wasn't impressed with a single electric hot-plate but I thought I might be able to bring in a microwave or maybe A George Foreman Lean Mean Grilling Machine.

So, I asked about the toilet and he explained that it was just outside the room (again I could have lived with this for the price). I looked around the tiny bathroom which was to be shared with the whole floor and finally got the catch... I asked whether there was a shower, the old man told me there were plenty of swimming pools nearby. And that was the closest I've come so far to securing an apartment. ...

Life in the club could not be better. Everyone is really welcoming (as if to prove the stereotype incorrect) and there seems to be a really good atmosphere in the club in general - very down-to-earth and not at all pretensious as one might have expected. This evening there was a few drinks after training - free champagne, rum and whiskey as well as nachos and pretsels - something I think should be brought in to all Irish clubs.

My level of french came into play somewhat here again as I have no idea whether this was a regular occurence or whether it was to celebrate something. For that matter, I have no idea what anyone was saying for this hour or so of conversation - I think they were talking about the upcoming smoking ban in France at some stage, although I cannot be sure.

The actual training was again superb and I met the two main maitre d'armes this evening although didn't have the courage to ask them for a lesson quite yet - next week, once I've impress them at Damigny.

More about Damigny and my search for a job to follow.

á bientot

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

my webmaster noticed you were looking at recipes on my website - when i checked-out your blog i was expecting at least a photo of an omelette..!

Anonymous said...

Ahhh... le temps perdu... yes, I've been there. My favourite was the apartment I was too tall for. It had the luxury of a bathroom, but the ceiling was only 1.6m high.

Bon courage!

P.S. call Romain and Tiff & Erik!

About Us | Site Map | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Blog Design | 2007 Company Name