Monday, December 04, 2006

So little time...

After a month in Paris; while my family, Rachel and friends were no doubt glad of the extra storage space my absence left for them on this tiny island of ours, a surprising compulsion of being glad to see each other seemed to sweep uniformly over us all.

Aside from a lot of catching-up and some errands to run there was only one small piece of business to attend to - the Irish Open. In order to amuse my self and mess with others' heads, I hadn't told anyone I was going to be there - I hadn't even entered myself. I chuckled quietly to my self while people asked if I was going to enter and I said "No". I am truly hilarious.

The competition itself passed without too much fuss. I was pleased with how i was fencing and found myself in a different rhythm to my previous hectic state on the piste. In the end, I reached the final only to be beaten by David Downey, who was the better fencer on the day. Giving up the nice piece of mantle-piece clutter that is the Irish Open Trophy stung slightly but then again I have only been training in France for three weeks and I'm already feeling a change for the better.

I feel I'm facing into the packed half of the season in good form and confident that I can reach my goals for the season.

...

I'm sitting finishing off this post in Dublin airport while I wait for my plane back to Paris. There probably won't be any more updates over the next week, not until Saturday at least when I am getting my Internet connection installed in the new apartment.

If I missed you on this visit, I'm very sorry but I'll be back over Christmas and hopefully we'll get a chance to meet up.

Until then...

5 comments:

Ulysse said...

Hiya !

Glad to see you've chosen my country to spend some time ! I hope you enjoy it.
Anyway, bad luck I'm not living in Paris (I'm in Lyons). Any cahnce to meet you on the pistes down there ?

Jonathan, former DUFC Fencer

Rachel said...

I'm so very bored in the library that I thought I would say hello.

Hello!

So tired...

Anonymous said...

Sweet Jesus, you've only just left the country......how have you managed to write so much stuff!?! I'll try read through it when I have some free time.

Though this blogging thing looks good, better than Bebo. I might do something similar when I go to New York. I expect that I am going to be bored/lonely in the evenings after work. Any tips or comments on how you are coping with that would be helpful.

Anonymous said...

Salut toi! Hope the apartment is working out well, and you're not too lonely in your sugar cube...

Sorry we didn't catch up this time, but yes, Noël!

Anonymous said...

looking forward to Eoin's NYC blog....

About Us | Site Map | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Blog Design | 2007 Company Name