Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Hungary: Day 1 - Travelling

I awoke in my apartment early on Monday morning with most of equipment already packed and moreorless ready to go. I went through one last check-list in my head and went out the door.

It wasn't until I was cruising at 40,000ft that I realised that I hadn't packed my Lamé - damn! I remember having a dream something to do with my lamé and whether these lead to my confusion in my mental check-list I don't know.

I checked my bag and confirmed my fears when I landed in Budapest. Now I needed to order a new lamé so I could train the next day. Luckily enough Budapest is the home of PbT fencing equipment and shortly after I checked into the hotel I headed for the address of the PBT shop I had found on the internet. When I reached the shop I ordered an new lamé and also asked them to print the name on the back (mandatory at this level of competition). They told me "S'not possible, Wednesjay eveningk readyie" but I kept at them until they brought out a manager type who said it could be ready for tomorrow evening(k).

I returned to the hotel and crashed out for the evening. A lovely meal alone in the hotel restaraunt, as is customary for me on these trips, was had - salmon this time. I watched some Prisonbreak on DVD and then went to bed early to get up for the next days training.

0 comments:

About Us | Site Map | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Blog Design | 2007 Company Name