Tuesday, January 09, 2007

First night back to training...

I'm in considerable pain as I write this and my muscles try to tear themselves away from my skeleton after the exhertion of tonight's training.

Good to see everyone again down at the club. Tonight was my first bout of serious exercise in weeks and I'm probably going to pay for it tomorrow. This weekend I'll be making the considerable mini-bus journey to Grenoble for my second circuit national tournament. I'm fairly relaxed heading into this competition, since it doesn't necessarily mean anything for my rankings and is an excellent oppurtunity to get some fencing against excellent opposition more akin to that I'll be fencing at A-grades over the rest of the season. I'm looking for an improvement on my last result but achieving some level of satisfaction with how I fence is the main goal.

I joined a gym today and tomorrow morning I'm going to head down there for the first time... or lie in bed in agony till 3. Maybe I'll finally get round to buying a duvet for the apartment and finally shed my sleeping bag. I might even have time for some ice-skating to.

It's tough... but someone's got to do it!

1 comments:

Ulysse said...

hey ! Great, Grenoble is just 60 kms away from where I live, I'll try to meet you over there if I can (and if you want it of course) !

Jonathan

About Us | Site Map | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Blog Design | 2007 Company Name