Thursday, January 18, 2007

Turkish Delight Or Rotten Kebab?

Tomorrow, at a time to early to mention, I leave for Instanbul to enter the World Cup competition there. A city of exetremes - a crazy infrastructure, a beautiful setting, some of the worlds most hideous architecture as well as in parts some of its most beautiful.

I was terminally unimpressed with Istanbul last time out since all I saw was the airport, crappy hotel, venue, crappy Hotel, airport. Hopefully this time I'll get to see a bit more of the city as a friend of mine, Trevor, has been living there for the last two months and should know his way around a bit.

In terms of my fencing, I'm feeling very happy and content in my fencing at the minute. The extra week of training cleared out the cobwebs of last week and I'm thinking, relaxed and performing well on the piste. I finished the weeks training tonight with a solid performance in the in-house competition which we have each week, finishing top of my poule. Now I just have to stay relaxed and focused and I hope if things go my way on the day I can pull a decent result out of the bag.

Anyway, I have to finish packing...

A+

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

all sounds good

say hi to the guys we met last year

and i'll take you to Isklanders when you get back

About Us | Site Map | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Blog Design | 2007 Company Name